Children can teach you a lot. Look at how they interact and how they seem to always be watching and learning. If we, as adults, took just one day to see the world as a child does it could be life changing.

Children are always asking questions. They are always discovering new things. They love to use their imagination. Children are always learning from others.

You should try taking a cue from children and start watching others. Start taking the opportunity to learn from other people. Do not be afraid to ask questions. Do not be afraid to strike up a conversation with a stranger.

When you keep yourself closed off and you fail to see the world around you, you are missing out on a lot. There are learning experiences at every turn. You just have to open your eyes and your mind to them.

1 Comment:

  1. Dave Plank - No2pencil said...
    I just had to share this personal moment:

    My recently no-longer-pregnant wife was busy with our new addition and I was busy cleaning up after painting the family room in our new house. As I went back downstairs to pick up the drop cloth and check on our two year old daughter, Rachel, who was uncharacteristically quiet, I was stopped in my tracks.

    The newly painted wall was covered with a child’s enthusiastic version of a Picasso sketch, done in indelible laundry marker with sweeping strokes as far as she could reach with the help of her potty bench. When I finally blurted out, louder than I should have, “What are you doing!?” I was met with those big innocent doe-eyes and the proud answer “I’m being two.”

    I never had the heart to repaint that wall or put furniture in front of it, even when we sold the house years later and told the new owners the story. They understood.

    That little girl is now sixteen and I’m not sure I’m ready for the answer “I’m being sixteen” to whatever challenge she may present to me. Whatever it is, I’m sure the end result will be the same – instant meltdown and resignation.

Post a Comment



 
Serenity Blogger Template